Effective Date: May 31, 2019
1. Collection of Personal Information. Personal information may be collected from you when you contact us, register with our Site and App, when you provide it directly to us by signing up for an account or becoming a member, complete any form, subscribe or opt-in to receive emails, phone calls, or text messages, submit a message through the contact us form, submit information via our Site or App that request that you enter information for a specific purpose, when you make a purchase or provide payment information, visit or interact with our Site or our App, by providing personal information to a HOTWORX franchise location, when you sign up for a trial workout, in connection with an application to become a franchisee, while participating in advertising contests, surveys, competitions or sweepstakes, or if you provide information to us through any other digital or personal communication.
The type of information that we collect varies and may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, membership information, fitness-related information, and/or financial and/or payment information.
Additionally, location or geolocation information may be obtained directly from your mobile device, wireless carrier or certain third party providers to allow tracking of your activity We may also collect log information as you use our Site and App, including your Internet Protocol address, browser type, computer type, type of mobile device, the service provider for your mobile device, your navigation of the Site and App, time and date of your use of the Site and App, form plug-in, and other data collected automatically through digital logging, analytic tools, cookies and pixel tags. Information collected by us is voluntarily provided by you and may be used in conjunction with other information you have provided to an individual franchise studio location.
If you are a HOTWORX® member, you may opt to integrate information from your membership account with the Site and our App. You will have the opportunity to opt-in to that integration of information across different platforms. Our App may offer features that enable users to connect their third party fitness devices or third party applications (collectively, “Third Party Apps”) in order to utilize certain features and functionalities, and we collect information from certain Third Party Apps when these features are used. Our Site and App may also collect general information about your technology interface and preferences. Some personal information is mandatory for the performance of certain services or features, and if not entered, you may not be able to use or participate in those online services or features.
2. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. We may use the information we collect from you to provide the information, products, services, and resources offered on our Site or through the App, including but limited to the following purposes:
Personal data may be shared with third parties, including service providers, affiliates, franchisee(s), and other partners. This may include, but is not limited to:
While we try to be selective in working with third parties, we are not responsible for their use of your personal information. We may transfer to our online service providers personal information you provide to us so that these parties may store and process your personal information. We may also share aggregate, de-identified, or anonymized information about users and members with third parties for marketing, advertisings, search or similar purposes. Except as described in this section, we will not give or sell your personal information to any other party for its use in marketing or solicitation without your consent.
6. Google. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. We have not enabled Google AdSense on our Site but we may do so in the future.
7. Security of Personal Information. Reasonable precautions have been implemented to protect the information we collect from unauthorized access to or misuse of the personal information you provided to us. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of individuals who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password and refraining from sharing your password with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
8. Opt-Out/Unsubscribe. You have the right to make choices about how we communicate with you and how we process certain personal data. If at any time you would like to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving future communications based on information you’ve submitted to us, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or by responding STOP to communication via text message. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process unsubscribe requests.
If you want to limit or prevent our ability to receive location information from you, you can deny or remove the permission to access location information or deactivate location services on your device. Please refer to your device manufacturer or operating system instruction on how to do this.
Our franchisees also send their own marketing communications. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails or texts from our franchisees, you will need to separately opt-out of the respective franchisee’s marketing communications. We do not control and are not responsible for, the promotional communications sent by our franchisees.
9. California Privacy Rights. Under California law, California residents are entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address below, including in the subject line “California Privacy Rights Request” and also include your name, street address, city, state and zip code.
10. Other Important Information.
HOTWORX Franchising, LLC
5161 Taravella Road
Marrero, LA 70072
Phone: (504) 361-5550